New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
Dionne&Dylan - October 25th, 2010 2:38 AM

we are thinking of doing this treatment. can anybody give feedback about this?

o_OGilmoreGirl - October 26th, 2010 3:23 AM

ICSI involves injecting a single sperm directly to the egg. after that it is then implanted to the uterus. I think this costs about as much as an IVF.

SuperMom - October 27th, 2010 3:41 AM

i think this is a more direct approach compared to IVF.

o_OGilmoreGirl - October 28th, 2010 3:20 AM

I looked it up and this procedure costs around $6500 but there are additional expenses like medication which can cost between $2000-4000.

So it costs around the same as an IVF however, this procedure is great for guys who have low sperm count, low motility and low sperm quality.

This procedure is also tax deductible! =)

Fred_Flintstone - October 29th, 2010 3:51 AM

at $6500 per cycle this is very expensive! but it is more precise as each egg is injected directly with a sperm. this is good for guys with sperm that find it hard to penetrate the outer covering of the egg.

kissybusymissy - October 31st, 2010 2:36 AM

If you think it can increase your chance of getting pregnant and you can afford it then I think you should go for it.

SJ23 - October 31st, 2010 3:21 AM

kissybusymissy is right and I agree with her. It is better to do a costly but more effective procedure than a cheap one that has high failure rate.

pandora_88 - October 31st, 2010 3:41 PM

Was it recommended by your RE. If you are in doubt you can get a second opinion.

Dionne&Dylan - November 2nd, 2010 6:20 AM

okay. thanks for all the feedback! just wanted some opinion from different perspectives. there's only so much you can get from doctors. thanks again! ^_^

M4nDY - January 27th, 2011 3:49 PM

what happens after the sperm has been injected? is it possible that the egg won't accept the sperm? and with the price, is that like $6500 per injection or per successful injection?

Please login or register to post on this thread.
<