New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
violet - July 16th, 2010 2:50 AM

How true: A D&C increases fertility.

BabyRuth - July 17th, 2010 3:38 AM

really? i had this procedure 2 years ago due to abnormal menstrual cycle. doctor said that contact should be avoided for 10 days.

JohnDoe - July 18th, 2010 2:51 AM

i dont see how it should. a d&c scrapes the uterine lining of dead endometrial cells.

candyKane - July 18th, 2010 6:21 PM

the d&c empties the uterus of contents and makes it suitable for implantation but there is no documented evidence that it increases fertility. as a side note, women who just underwent d&c are at risk for scarring and infection.

marcy - July 19th, 2010 2:43 AM

I think its a common misconception because some see it as a "cleaning" of the uterus. While it is true that the uterine lining is scraped off, unless the egg and the sperm meet, then that's the time that you get what you want.

AndrewStevens - July 19th, 2010 11:04 AM

I don't think its true. A D&C is performed to get rid of endometrial tissues inside the uterus. the uterus is "fresh and clean" therefore in the optimal position for ovulation but it does not necessary follow that it incraseas the chances.

starstruck - February 7th, 2011 11:16 AM

D&C stands for what?

E.lga - February 7th, 2011 12:53 PM

D&C stands for dilatation & curettage. It's used as a shorhand term to mean that a woman needs to have the interior lining of her womb scraped away. This can be for many different reasons ranging from excessive tissues buildup causing heavy periods to retention of some of the products of a miscarriage. Usually done on an outpatient basis and usually you feel cramping & sore for a few days

Please login or register to post on this thread.
<