New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
mochalicious - April 13th, 2011 2:30 AM

hubby is diabetic. how can his disease affect our chances of getting a baby?

Fictionappleby - April 13th, 2011 8:55 AM

I know a number of couples where the guy is diabetic. As to what type of diabetes, can't comment on that. They are with children. I'm not medical expert but diseases such as diabetes may increase risk of not getting pregnant to certain percent but not as much what we are led to believe.

imyselfandjen - April 14th, 2011 3:10 AM

There are diabetic medicine that can make a guy impotent or lose sexual interest. So this could mean problems in the sex department.

Melanie - April 16th, 2011 2:57 PM

I found this from diabeticcareservices:

"Insulin is a hormone. So when you have diabetes, or any form of insulin resistance, you have a hormone imbalance. When one hormone is out of balance, it can trigger a domino-like effect with the rest of your hormones, including estrogen, progesterone and testosterone levels. These hormone imbalances can cause a wide variety of side effects, ranging from ovarian cysts to erectile dysfunction and infertility."

So it is clear that it is more than just an effect of the medicine. It is a hormonal imbalance.

ShyGirl - April 17th, 2011 4:59 PM

I never knew that diabetes could lead to hormonal imbalance. This is a good tip for guys who have a family history of daiabetes. It is also frightening to know that it has the same effect on women.

Please login or register to post on this thread.
<